Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Addiction Alcohol Alcohol abuse Alcoholics Anonymous Big Tobacco Binge drinking Cigarette warning labels Drug abuse Drunk driving Marijuana Marijuana legalization Medical marijuana MJ lobby Prevention Recovery Second-hand smoke Smoke-free Smokeless tobacco Smoking Social host Substance abuse Substance use disorder treatment Tobacco Tobacco and kids Tobacco cessation Tobacco marketing Treatment Underage drinking Underage drinking parties Weed
- Is alcohol good for you? Can’t tell for sure… (But we KNOW it can be bad for you)
- If electronic cigarettes can help people quit smoking, then why is Big Tobacco investing heavily in them?
- Deadly scourge will kill three-quarters of a million AA and NA members
- Top Substance Abuse Research Findings of 2012 from About.com
- “…Drugged driving is a highway safety threat on the level of drunk driving”
Monthly Archives: October 2010
Tony Gwynn’s cancer: Time for big leaguers to take responsibility for youngsters using smokeless tobacco
Tony Gwynn is San Diego’s favorite son. He’s like Ernie Banks to Chicago or Derek Jeter to New York, only San Diego is a smaller, more familiar kind of place, so our local heroes are much more real life-like. When … Continue reading
“One in four US teens and young adults binge drink,” blared the headlines in USA Today. And many of those folks are imbibing a lot more than only five drinks in a couple of hours, the definition for … Continue reading
Medical associations coming out against medical marijuana as the reality of state pot laws gets silly
Medical marijuana is getting more and more ridiculous. And the news media, finally, is finally taking a more discriminating look at the whole issue. In the beginning, the media took a “wow, cool…” view of the subject, succumbing … Continue reading