Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Addiction Alcohol Alcohol abuse Alcoholics Anonymous Big Tobacco Binge drinking Cigarette warning labels Drug abuse Drunk driving Marijuana Marijuana legalization Medical marijuana MJ lobby Prevention Recovery Second-hand smoke Smoke-free Smokeless tobacco Smoking Social host Substance abuse Substance use disorder treatment Tobacco Tobacco and kids Tobacco cessation Tobacco marketing Treatment Underage drinking Underage drinking parties Weed
- Is alcohol good for you? Can’t tell for sure… (But we KNOW it can be bad for you)
- If electronic cigarettes can help people quit smoking, then why is Big Tobacco investing heavily in them?
- Deadly scourge will kill three-quarters of a million AA and NA members
- Top Substance Abuse Research Findings of 2012 from About.com
- “…Drugged driving is a highway safety threat on the level of drunk driving”
Tag Archives: big tobacco
If electronic cigarettes can help people quit smoking, then why is Big Tobacco investing heavily in them?
…The tobacco industry knows something that some harm reduction theorists don’t realize, and that the e-cigarette industry doesn’t care about: Electronic cigarettes can be an adjunct to smoking instead of a replacement. Continue reading
By Jim Gogek By now, we’ve all seen the new generation of pictorial health warnings gracing tobacco packs in enlightened countries, though not yet in the United States, which is falling behind other nations in tobacco prevention. One of the … Continue reading
By Jim Gogek In the film noir The Naked City, Detective Muldoon tells the smarmy Frank Niles, “…you are probably the biggest and most willing liar I have ever met.” Muldoon never met the modern day tobacco industry. In its … Continue reading
I’ve got a good one for the “Is it Racist?” segment on the popular Tosh.0 show on Comedy Central. How about the tobacco industry’s marketing of menthol cigarettes to African Americans, and the industry’s bulldog lobbying to protect … Continue reading
Yes, Big Tobacco is still trying to get your children to smoke cigarettes, even though laws enjoin them to stop. How can they help it? They’ve got to replace all those smokers who quit or die. When you … Continue reading