Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Addiction Alcohol Alcohol abuse Alcoholics Anonymous Big Tobacco Binge drinking Cigarette warning labels Drug abuse Drunk driving Marijuana Marijuana legalization Medical marijuana MJ lobby Prevention Recovery Second-hand smoke Smoke-free Smokeless tobacco Smoking Social host Substance abuse Substance use disorder treatment Tobacco Tobacco and kids Tobacco cessation Tobacco marketing Treatment Underage drinking Underage drinking parties Weed
- Is alcohol good for you? Can’t tell for sure… (But we KNOW it can be bad for you)
- If electronic cigarettes can help people quit smoking, then why is Big Tobacco investing heavily in them?
- Deadly scourge will kill three-quarters of a million AA and NA members
- Top Substance Abuse Research Findings of 2012 from About.com
- “…Drugged driving is a highway safety threat on the level of drunk driving”
Tag Archives: cigarettes
“…724,153 worldwide members of Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous – who are alive today — will die from tobacco, including 499,410 in the United States and Canada…” Continue reading
By Jim Gogek By now, we’ve all seen the new generation of pictorial health warnings gracing tobacco packs in enlightened countries, though not yet in the United States, which is falling behind other nations in tobacco prevention. One of the … Continue reading
By Jim Gogek Not too long ago, I was bragging on California in this blog because we have one of the lowest smoking rates in the country, lower than some other states by half. I said that was because California … Continue reading
There’s been a lot of talk about the FDA’s proposed pictorial warnings on cigarette packs, including some whining by people who say they go too far. Actually, our proposed pictorial warnings are tame compared to the warnings in other countries. … Continue reading