Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Addiction Alcohol Alcohol abuse Alcoholics Anonymous Big Tobacco Binge drinking Cigarette warning labels Drug abuse Drunk driving Marijuana Marijuana legalization Medical marijuana MJ lobby Prevention Recovery Second-hand smoke Smoke-free Smokeless tobacco Smoking Social host Substance abuse Substance use disorder treatment Tobacco Tobacco and kids Tobacco cessation Tobacco marketing Treatment Underage drinking Underage drinking parties Weed
- Is alcohol good for you? Can’t tell for sure… (But we KNOW it can be bad for you)
- If electronic cigarettes can help people quit smoking, then why is Big Tobacco investing heavily in them?
- Deadly scourge will kill three-quarters of a million AA and NA members
- Top Substance Abuse Research Findings of 2012 from About.com
- “…Drugged driving is a highway safety threat on the level of drunk driving”
Tag Archives: recovery
Can alcohol consumption be good for your health? The answer is – it’s impossible to know. A recent study in the British Medical Journal says that many studies showing health benefits to alcohol are very probably wrong. The reason is that … Continue reading
Of course, people who go to AA couldn’t care less about the research; they just know what works for them. True, AA doesn’t work for everybody. But then, many treatments for other chronic diseases work for some but not others. We know alcoholism is a chronic disease. The research shows that AA is an effective treatment for it. Continue reading
By Jim Gogek Ignition interlock is an affront to many Americans for who believe that their car is an extension of their individual rights. Adding a device that stops people from driving whenever they want to seems downright sacrilegious. The … Continue reading
By Jim Gogek A lot of people stigmatize addiction by talking about bad choices and free will. Folks in recovery and addiction treatment professionals have known for decades that free will can’t help an addict choose not to drink or … Continue reading